Canvas Project Summary - Emily Nelson

Canvas Project - Emily Nelson

Blog response #2 

02/13/24

Powerpoint

Canvas is an educational technology commonly used by schools and universities everywhere. Canvas' self-explanatory nature makes it very user-friendly. On this site, you can access your courses, modules, assignments, quizzes/ tests, and you can even directly message your teachers through Canvas. This platform is very organized as well, and personally, when I do my school work or work I prefer organization it makes me less stressed. Just the way everything is set up, it is nearly impossible to miss an assignment because you didn't see it because Canvas messages you and lets you know, also all assignments due that week show up in colors and big letters. Canvas also has an app so that no matter where you go you can check in on whatever you need from wherever you are. 

Why is Canvas better than other educational technology out there, what makes it stand out? To answer this question I want to go into more depth about points made in the first paragraph to show just how Canvas stands out above other educational technologies. The first thing I mentioned about Canvas was its user-friendly nature, this makes all the difference. For me, my first time using Canvas was my freshman year of college and I had never used it prior. Took me less than a week to figure everything out and that's when I saw the difference in Canvas vs other technologies. I am using Blackboard for the first time this semester at Stockton and it is not nearly as user-friendly, and assignments are harder to find. It's been weeks of school and I still don't have a good grasp on blackboard. The organization is a key point as well, all assignments and modules are laid out CLEARLY and due dates are nearly impossible to miss with this site.

Comments

  1. I’ve heard of Canvas before but never had the opportunity to use it. It seems like a great tool used by many universities because it is very organized for students, and it sends them reminders when assignments are due. I agree with you, I prefer my work to be organized so this seems like it lays out information very organized. I tend to have a hard time with Blackboard so I wonder if Canvas would be easier for me to use. Great breakdown!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I have never used Canvas before, but I will be sure to utilize it in the future. For my future as an educator, it will make connecting with students so much easier. This will also allow me to teach my students through this technology that has so many amazing features that will help me. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked your post on Canvas. Its features, like direct messaging with teachers and color-coded assignment notifications, make it stand out from other technologies. Your comparison with Blackboard highlights Canvas's better organization easy usage.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Social Media etiquette - Instagram

Emily Nelson - Chapter 6 Blog

Instagram in the Business World